Feeling old?

• Thread starter Mikaya
  • Start date
Yeah, sometimes I feel ancient:when I see kids asking for help on miiverse for a game I played before I'll sometimes say: "Back when I played that, we had no help. We had to learn how to complete the games ourselves! with no help, in the snow!" then I realize how old I am... :D
Though (if you were from the NES era) you could always get the power...nintendo power

Cheat Code Central was where I went for codes, but god damn dial up internet connection >.<

I don't really feel old but the kids these days really like to talk <censored> about the old consoles. they hurt my feelings xD

Feeling old? Of course I do! ;-;

I always keep track of the dates in which certain things I watched and played came out.
Example: My very first game was Super Smash Bros. Melee, and that came out back in 2001. WOW, it's already been 15 years...

There are other things that make me feel old, but thinking about it won't help at all. :p

Reactions: Kakea
Plebs, I played on an Atari 2600 at my cousin's. Pong is great mates

I feel old because my mom says I'm already old and I'm still playing games. I always say that older people also play games so don't judge me

when you talk about classic consoles to someone, do you feel ancient? xD

or maybe you still own some consoles from when you were a young kid. And when people see them they'd be like 'whattt? you got that???' xD
Just yesterday me, my friend, and his brother were playing Melee/Double Dash/Superstar Baseball/Pac Man VS and then my friend wanted to play Spyro 2. My friend's younger brother (who's a freshman in High School) was holding the PS1 and keep in mind it was the redesigned one that had smooth corners and he said "I'm holding ancient technology." This was clearly meant to be a joke but my older brother was talking about that today. I can see how in our perspectives it's not very old (shoot I even remember when my dad brought the thing home and we still might have the box for it) but imagine if that thing was "ancient" yesterday imagine how people in the future are going to try to make jokes over how old it is, ha I bet they aren't thinking of that one and yet it still plays fairly good resolution 3D games like Spyro. Personally I think more people would know about video game console history because it's really popular and such but it's another thing to actually show the console to them in person. Now that we have VC and plenty of YT videos of games (even the ones that seem to have bad design or are super hard) at our hands so that's a thing that seems irrelevant nowadays. Yes it makes you feel old but in the way that you are glad it's possible for people to play games that you once played (with the exception of Melee huehuehue).

Reactions: phofufury and Eevee
I feel old because my mom says I'm already old and I'm still playing games. I always say that older people also play games so don't judge me
I feel old even though I'm not. I'm a teenager, still in high school, yet I have an NES, and actually enjoy older games more than newer ones. I don't think you can really get too old for video games, just play them in a healthy balance. Its like saying you get to old for fun, or too old to read books.

I feel old even though I'm not. I'm a teenager, still in high school, yet I have an NES, and actually enjoy older games more than newer ones. I don't think you can really get too old for video games, just play them in a healthy balance. Its like saying you get to old for fun, or too old to read books.

All of us in this house loves Super Mario Bros 3! Me and my siblings all tried to but it, for every console, it still seems like the best game genre ever!

Yeah, admittedly I do, but I also feel sorry for the newer gaming gen, never having known about the early games that spurred on todays Halo and CoD, how Mario games came to be. But I'm glad Nintendo and other game companies are bringing them back, on things like the virtual console and the Atari Anthology for PS2, which I'm sure has a PS3-4 version now.

No, I'm old (24) but there's always some new game I'm excited about.
I think every era has its charm. I love Super Mario World
(SNES) and a lot of older games, but I prefer to enjoy new experiences, and I love to see how games evolve and get bigger on every generation.

Ahh, yes. I remember the times when I was 4 when I got Chance Time on Mario Party 2 and 3; I remember the times when Nintendo actually made Toad's Turnpike hard; I remember the time when I thought Banjo and Kazooie were doing fine instead of being bought by Microsoft.

There are a few hardcore retro gamers even in my age group that are big about consoles from the past.
What makes me feel old is the fact that the average age group for everyone here feels 12-14 sometimes, and especially so because I know a significant amount of people lie about their age to get in lmao.

Not really, but I still enjoy old games like Mega Man and Earthbound.

As I mentioned in another thread, my childhood was the 80s, so I got to experience the shock of seeing the very first NES, when at the time they only had Atari - which seemed primitive compared to it. You talking about a time when arcades were popular.

Sometimes, yeah. Especially when I get to talking about Sonic Adventure 2 Battle. I’ve played that game since I was born! xD

There are some games that I talk about that make me feel like today’s gamers have got it easy, yknow? Like, if you compare the original The Legend of Zelda to New Super Mario Bros U Deluxe, there’s lots of differences. Like how if you died in Zelda, it’d start you over from the beginning. In games today, you never get a Game Over, cause of characters like Nabbit, who are literally freaking invincible. :x

when you talk about classic consoles to someone, do you feel ancient? xD

or maybe you still own some consoles from when you were a young kid. And when people see them they'd be like 'whattt? you got that???' xD
Hahahaha. No one talks to me irl that much except for like 2 people. No one visits my apartment though. But when they do mention it, I kind of feel old, but not that much, since I was born in 1999. When all the cool kids were born B). That only happened once though, when we were talking about 3D Super Mario games (I kind of get very talkative on that subject)

I feel like im always gonna be playing games as i get older haha XD Im currently 24 and im starting to worry about me loving pokemon and playing pokemon still >~< like a lot of people find it weird for my age and especially when i get older to still be playing pokemon and buying pokemon plushies but eh i just love it. i also love doing pokemon roleplaying but again i just worry that as i get older it will just be seen weird me roleplaying as a eevee and such with other people :/ eh, if it doesn't affect anyone else then just do what makes you happy!

Having my first video game being Super Mario World ~30 years ago~ it makes me feel slightly older because I grew up with older consoles like the SNES & Game Boy Advance. I could talk about the nostalgia that playing SMW brings me, or how Goof Troop is an incredibly hard game and nobody should be able to complete it. >.<

I can talk about the SNES library for a while.

Reactions: phofufury
I feel a bit old, not much tho. and tbh, i dont have much for old games. There are several that I loved as a kid, (Mario 64, and Mario Sunshine, Time Splitters, Golden Eye 007 for the N64) but games older than that I didn't have the attention span to play them. I love pixel games, but most of the ones in the 90s didn't really get my attention. I did like the old Batman series though.

Reactions: Jisenku
Having my first video game being Super Mario World ~30 years ago~ it makes me feel slightly older because I grew up with older consoles like the SNES & Game Boy Advance. I could talk about the nostalgia that playing SMW brings me, or how Goof Troop is an incredibly hard game and nobody should be able to complete it. >.<

I can talk about the SNES library for a while.
Uh note that I'm 15

Reactions: phofufury
Back