Wait, Nintendo Just Confused Me...

• Thread starter King Of 3D
  • Start date
King Of 3D

King Of 3D

Pedia Mastermind
Towns Folk
Ok, so you know how Nintendo said that the switch is not compatible with Wii U games? Well, take a look at this video...
Did you see that!? At 3:09, they were actually playing Splatoon!! I am so confused because Splatoon is a Wii U game! I am personally just very confused, but what are your thoughts on this? Reply what you think and like always have a great day (and also let''s all get hyped for halloween :) )!

Well, I was confused in the first place, but I think I may hand it off as a port or the sequel of it. Besides, I think Nintendo is not alien at giving some notable games on old and new consoles (Twilight Princess says hi), and the fact that The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild is set to be released on both Wii U and Switch as well.

Nintendo is probably going to make some re-editions the games they have already out for wii u. When I first watched the trailer I thought Great! Wii u games are compatible with the nintedo switch! But then I found out that there are some features in the mario kart game shown in the trailer that are not present in my mario kart 8, say for example, King Boo

That Splatoon was different compared to the Wii U version. The inklings have different hairstyles, and the battle intro shows from a side view instead of front view. Also, Nintendo confirmed that there would be no backward compatibility with the Wii U.

This only means New Splatoon for the Switch.

That Splatoon was different compared to the Wii U version. The inklings have different hairstyles, and the battle intro shows from a side view instead of front view. Also, Nintendo confirmed that there would be no backward compatibility with the Wii U.

Most likely, but nintendo did say that the games in the advertisement are not necessarily coming to the switch :p

Nintendo confirmed that there would be no backwards compatibility with any other console or handheld. Also with the MK8 and Splatoon footage, there were a few very noticeable differences from the current Wii U versions. Also Nintendo said that the games shown in the trailer were not confirmed and were only meant to show off concepts. And Bethesda, haven't confirmed that Skyrim is even in development for the switch.
Also, in an interview with one of the actors in the commercial, he said that nothing was played or run on the Switch during filming, and that all the game footage shown in that trailer was posted in in post production. He even said that they had to learn how to pretend to play the games they were playing because nothing was even on the screens. The entire interview is very interesting. Its by GameXplain on youtube.

Backward compatibility is in fact impossible, the games are carts not discs so most likely it's just ports or remakes, it's not going to be possible to jam a disc in there and start having SSB4 working.

I think splatoon is either making a sequel or a port because when you pause it shows that the inklings have new hairstyles and pants. Even in the mk8 it shows king boo and the characters holding two items instead of one.
CvN4uQ0UIAAR8WT[1].jpg
CvN4wL4UAAAMJ1L[1].jpg

plus, the inklings spawn in a line instead of a diamond shape.
why am i replying to this nobody has for a month

My hypothesis on this is that the Wii U and the Nintendo Switch are like this

Gamecube=Wii U

Wii(Lets you play GameCube games) Nintendo Switch(Lets you play Wii U games)

Since you said you could play splatoon then this is the way I see the Nintendo Switch ,but idk if you guys will have the same idea as I do because it seems almost the same.

Both Mario Kart 8 and Splatoon were so successful in themselves that Nintendo may find it possible to create sequels to both games that very closely resemble the previous titles. Personally, I liked the formats of both games and wouldn't mind a Mario Kart: Switch-Up title or a Splatwo. xD

The Switch is unable to play neither Wii U nor 3DS games. The Splatoon shown is either a port or sequel made specifically for it.

According to reports, it will also be a pack-in game at launch.

Who cares if Nintendo hasn't confirmed any games? At least we have the name and design of the system

Enhanced Port / Sequel.

Who cares if Nintendo hasn't confirmed any games? At least we have the name and design of the system
No
It's either one of these answers.A. Nintendo made a sequel to Splatoon because it was mildly popular at the time. B. It maybe a remake for Splatoon adding hairstyles, new animation, new pants, and anything new they can think of. Same with Mario Kart 8 but you didn't say about that.

Back