What is your favorite Wii U game?

• Thread starter Marc
  • Start date
Even though I don't have it which I really wish I did but I watch my favorite YouTubers play it my favorite Wii u game would be super Mario maker and I will tell you three reasons why it is my favorite game so far. One, I love playing Mario games. Two, I like how there are like unlimited amount of levels to play. Three, I love how you can create levels for you or other players for them to try it out.

I know quite a few people have said Mario Maker but I'd disagree. It was the first Wii U game I got as it came as a bundle with the console it's self, but after a month or two I got bored with it because I'd played through most of the decent levels and completed the 100 mario challenges multiple times on multiple difficulties. It's one of those games that is great to watch but not very good to play yourself. That's just my opinion though.

My favourite Wii U game would probably be Splatoon. I watched a couple of videos on youtube about it and it just looked like a single mode multiplayer game with a short, rubbish single-player campaign. It was low on my list of games to get though I still wanted it for some reason. After picking it up cheap at my local GAME store I've played it so much (When I have had working internet :p) And I've found it to be so, so much better then what some YouTubers make it out to be. It's so fun and it's a great shooter.

The music is great, the graphics are really colourful and pretty, the minigame you can play while waiting for the match to start can get a bit fustrating and a little repetative but it's still fun. The shots have some weight behind them so it actually feels like you're doing damage, that's something most shooters lack. It's just so satasfying to kill someone and watch them explode into ink!

It's hard to say, to be honest when I pikmin 3 say that PIKMIN 3 the selection is quite limited.

Really, though, Pikmin 3. I got the console to play it originally. It's just a fun, calming game, with lots of detail in the scenery, and they made the world feel more living than previous games in the series. I'm a big fan of the games and have gotten all of the versions of them, so Pikmin 3 takes this without a doubt.

My faves include Star Fox Zero, Pokken Torunament, Super Mario Maker, Mario Kart 8, Super Mario 3D World, New Super Mario Bros. U, and Captain Toad Treasure Tracker.

super mario 3d world mariokart 8 and yoshies wolly world

When I get my Wii U, I'm getting Call of Duty: Black Ops II. That's my favorite Wii U game.

Mine is probably Splatoon (Smash is a close second)

Last edited:
Splatoon. This game is just so much darn fun. I love the game, it's music, everything. It's so polished, and it runs at 60 fps so it runs really smoothly. I just love it. I had around 140 hours on my first NNID (which I deleted cause it was my name) and around 40 on my current NNID. The only problem is that my internet is unstable sometimes so I can disconnect a lot :(

I actually have two favorite wiiU games. They are Super Smash Bros. for WiiU and Wind Waker HD. I think that Nintendo did a really great job on both of these games, with Smash being a great game for get=togethers and such, and Wind Waker being an amazing re-release of an already incredible Zelda game.

I actually have two favorite wiiU games. They are Super Smash Bros. for WiiU and Wind Waker HD. I think that Nintendo did a really great job on both of these games, with Smash being a great game for get=togethers and such, and Wind Waker being an amazing re-release of an already incredible Zelda game.
Great games, I particularly like windwaker. Probably my favourite Zelda (Except OoT)

So far since I have just bought my 1 st wii u I would have to say breath of the wild at this moment. We plan to get more games but out of all the ones we have right now I am enjoying that one. Close 2 nd might be just dance 2015.

Nintendo land. I play it every time I have a friend over. We normally play Mario chase and the luigi's mansion game, but we do play the Metroid game now that I have the Wii motion plus add on, its surprisingly fun! I definitely recommend it if you have some friends over :D

Reactions: SmashChamp
Xenoblade Chronicles X, Pikmin 3, Earthbound series, there are so many good ones to choose from. Twilight Princess HD is really great too. You can't forget about Splatoon!

I've not played it a whole lot, seeing as how I don't own a Wii U, but I'd have to say my favorite is Super Mario 3D World. I mean, who doesn't love a game where you can play as Princess Peach and change into a cat?? :D

My teammates were awful, though. They decided attacking each other and falling off the course would be more fun than actually playing the game. :oldman:

Reactions: Ace
If only exclusives count, definitely Xenoblade Chronicles X. I absolutely adored Xenoblade Chronicles, while the successor didn't surpass the original, I had a lot of fun playing it despite its many flaws. If multiplatform games count, The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild wins by a rockslide. It had so many features I've wanted to see in a Zelda game, and is easily one of my favourite instalments in the series.

I have Mario 3D world,Mario Kart 8,New Super Mario bros U,and Super Smash bros U the best games Nintendo launched and Splatoon and Pokken were great titles too just that I don't have them and yea the 4 titles are my favorite games since they are fun and the good thing is that they are multiplayer and since I have a pro controller I can decide whether to player with the game pad or pro controller,but either way these game are fun because you will enjoy them and if you're into fighting Smash 4 is for you and if your into racing Mario Kart is for you and adventure Mario 3d World and New Super Mario Bros U is for you even if they don't provide online for it which is sad and might do it for the future.

Xenoblade chronicles X, not played it as much as I would like, but it is great. :)
Twilight Princess HD and windwaker HD, and Breath of the wild, although I own it on Wii U as well, I play the switch version more. Pikmin 3 is great too, the gamepad improves play so much.
Sorry you said game... I can't name just one.

My favorite Wii U game is most likely Mario Kart 8. I can play that game for hours and the online play makes it even more fun. The other game that comes close at the moment is Mario and Sonic at the Summer Olympics game.

My favorite Wii U game would most likely have to be Splatoon. When it was first shown off at E3 I really did not find myself picking it up. It was only after I started seeing others play it that I saw how much fun it was. It was easily the my most played game on the system. It was just so refreshing and new. I made a lot of new friends because of it and now we all play Splatoon 2. I have a lot of good memories from Splatoon .

For me it's all the old school Super Nintendo games. Mario Kart 8, Donkey Kong and any other Mario game I enjoy playing the most. The latest Star Fox game is really cool too although it's quite hard for me to beat. I have still yet to beat it.

Back