• Thread starter Kakea
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Kakea

Kakea

Survivor
Towns Folk
I've been drawing alot lately, to have a reference for any character I used in the story
I am rewriting. But... I came up with a horrible realization: I can't seen to draw females... at all
I have posted on another site, and so far (I'm not saying I'm the best at it but...) I gotten more likes
then I usually do for most of the males... But when I draw a girl, it either really low or none...
Should I use human models, or should I ask other artists to redo my OCs?

Reactions: MindzEye
Practice makes perfect, they say.

Go for models and tutorials, there are tons of them on DA.

Practice makes perfect, they say.

Go for models and tutorials, there are tons of them on DA.

What's DA?

Deviant Art

Deviant Art
Um... I saw Deviant Art... Some of those pictures AREN'T what I'm going for...
Is there one more site you could recommend?
(I still remember looking up something innocent, and getting
something SO DIFFERENT, for lack of a better word...)

Thanks! I'll look, (and be more specific with my searches...)

I've been drawing alot lately, to have a reference for any character I used in the story
I am rewriting. But... I came up with a horrible realization: I can't seen to draw females... at all
I have posted on another site, and so far (I'm not saying I'm the best at it but...) I gotten more likes
then I usually do for most of the males... But when I draw a girl, it either really low or none...
Should I use human models, or should I ask other artists to redo my OCs?
I have a similar although opposing issue: I am not confident in the quality of men I tend to draw from time to time. (Lookit that little man up there in my AVI. He looks like a bean-pole came to life and sprouted a pineapple. 0-0)
If it's da girls you have issues drawing with, I have a few places to look. I hope they are both helpful to improve and ok with this site. :jawdrop: Just remember though, nothing is learned overnight, especially where the internet is concerned. Nothing beats a good book about drawing people and anatomy, and a thousand hours of practice and study. Keep up the good work, you'll get there. ;)

Link time!
http://angeliccarrot.deviantart.com/art/Cute-female-anatomy-tutorial-260027196

This is not a tell-all, more like a rough stroke of what to look for. Feel free to metaphorically color outside the lines if your women are not Moes.
http://foervraengd.deviantart.com/art/UNDERSTANDING-ANATOMY-part-I-220251993
Part of a long series of anatomical observations according to the author. A lot of ideas about how both genders appear, and the forms they can take on. Links galore from one step to the next.

Again, don't be precise, just metaphorically march to the beat of your own metaphorical drum. The links above are supplemental, not a recommended alternative to those thousand-hours I outlined.

Reactions: Kakea
I have a similar although opposing issue: I am not confident in the quality of men I tend to draw from time to time. (Lookit that little man up there in my AVI. He looks like a bean-pole came to life and sprouted a pineapple. 0-0)
If it's da girls you have issues drawing with, I have a few places to look. I hope they are both helpful to improve and ok with this site. :jawdrop: Just remember though, nothing is learned overnight, especially where the internet is concerned. Nothing beats a good book about drawing people and anatomy, and a thousand hours of practice and study. Keep up the good work, you'll get there. ;)

Link time!
http://angeliccarrot.deviantart.com/art/Cute-female-anatomy-tutorial-260027196

This is not a tell-all, more like a rough stroke of what to look for. Feel free to metaphorically color outside the lines if your women are not Moes.
http://foervraengd.deviantart.com/art/UNDERSTANDING-ANATOMY-part-I-220251993
Part of a long series of anatomical observations according to the author. A lot of ideas about how both genders appear, and the forms they can take on. Links galore from one step to the next.

Again, don't be precise, just metaphorically march to the beat of your own metaphorical drum. The links above are supplemental, not a recommended alternative to those thousand-hours I outlined.

Thanks! :D Especially for the last part, I'll do my absolute best to the metaphorical beat to my metaphorical drum!
I'll look at these and hopefully draw girls easily, without any strange problems...

Thanks! :D Especially for the last part, I'll do my absolute best to the metaphorical beat to my metaphorical drum!
I'll look at these and hopefully draw girls easily, without any strange problems...
Glad to hear it.:cat:
Remember tho, we all got a style of our own somewhere underneath. It'll take time to really bring it out in the open, but it'll happen sooner than you think. ;)

Reactions: Kakea
Glad to hear it.:cat:
Remember tho, we all got a style of our own somewhere underneath. It'll take time to really bring it out in the open, but it'll happen sooner than you think. ;)

Wish me luck, I'm drawing 2 OC's, both are my favorite for many reasons.
I would literally hate myself for messing either one up, (I can vaguely copy how I see them)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back