Do you think Nintendo would ever change its name?

• Thread starter Marc
  • Start date
Marc

Marc

"Marc's the sugar daddy of gaming" - Artisan 2020
Forum Management
I highly doubt they'd even consider it, but do you think Nintendo would ever do it in the future?

If you do, what do you think will be a worthy replacement? ;~;

Naw man. Nintendo has become a household name like Mr. Clean, or Roomba, or daytime television. If they changed it now, nobody would know it was them.

Nope. Their name is still perfect.

Fitting, too. They almost always leave luck to heaven xD

I think Nintendo won't change its name anytime soon. I meant, this name has been used since about over hundred years ago, so it's fitting for them. Besides, it would be confusing if Nintendo changed its name all of a sudden, since it's already known for long by many people.

I highly doubt they will ever change their name. They have tons of brand recognition and are a major player in their industry, changing their name would be an incredibly bad idea.

Simply NO! buddy, they will never do that. C'mon! its near impossible.

Reactions: Blue Knight
Nah, Nintendo will never change their name because of name recognition and its popularity. It's funny because my parents called all Videogames "Nintendo".

If they id it would be something punny like funtendo. Punintendod

I seriously doubt they would as well, but if they did, they would probably change it to something like "WIWIWS" which is short for "Wow I Wish I Was Sony".

If they id it would be something punny like funtendo. Punintendod
I-I have no words

:hilarious:

No

Nintendo has been around over 100 years, it ain't being changed in our lifetimes.

Don't really think they would cause they have had the name for years. There would be no point in them changing their name. (Plus I would feel sorry if they did cause they really can't name their way out of a paper bag lol)

Meh I wouldn't really see a point or a certain situation were Nintendo would unexpectedly change their name. It would confuse a lot of people if they change their name all of a sudden. Plus they were called Nintendo for over 100 years so....

I don't ever foresee Nintendo needing to change its name, as it would almost become something of an identity lessener. I mean, wouldn't you be confused if Microsoft or Apple changed their names? Would you be as likely to recognize their products? The same thing goes for Nintendo.

Not at all. Why would they do that? Sony hasn't, Microsoft hasn't, Nintendo won't. Even bands wouldn't change their name this far into their career - even if it was something absolutely terrible they would otherwise wish themselves to be rid of.

Everyone knows who Nintendo is. Changing their name this late into the game would cause unnecessary confusion and lose potential customers as a result. So, no, I don't believe Nintendo would do this, they have no reason to and every reason not to.

They'll be remembered forever as Nintendo, from now until they fade into obscurity, and this will never change. Especially not in our lifetimes.

Even if someone found controversy in the title of Letting Luck to Heaven or something like that there is no way they would change it except for some mean PR and baiting to only then change their name back. If they did change it I hope it would be something along the lines of kowashitai.

Back