What was your first shiny?

• Thread starter DemiseofHope
  • Start date
Great job!

I just caught it because I didn't want to let it go, I wanted to find out why it was that colour.
Kinda same thing as with me and my Venonat. I was on my way to Fuchsia City (or whatever the name is) to fight Koga and there it was, a Venonat. With creepy green eyes o.o I wanted to catch him but just killed him instead and was like 'meh', and then later on found out it was shiny. It didn't really bothered me that it was shiny but it bothered me that it was SO DAMN RARE :punch:

It was a male Shiny Nidoran. I didn't even know what Shinies are, but I was so happy because the blue suited him much better than the purplish-pink of ordinary male Nidoran. But sadly I ran out of Pokeballs without being able to catch it. I roamed that patch of grass for hours afterwards, thinking that maybe that specific spot spawns blue male Nidoran. Many years later I learned what Shinies are.

zigzagoon. all my pokemon were lvl. 10, and it was lvl. 2. Caught it on the 2nd pokeball

first shiny onix on victory road platinum version
at the time I didn't know what it was

My first shiny was a weird one. When my cousins came over from Dubai to stay at my house (I was in another country back then) They used to pick up my Gameboy Advanced and would always play on it, they would even snatch it from me. So one day I was watching them and I remember there were some random people in our house too, a golden Caterpie appeared, we dismissed it and carried on. But then 5 or more years later in 2014 I got a Shiny Plusle (that was my first ever, caught via legit methods) I got it in the bus and screamed, some people think I'm a noob and all and they tried to tell me "its a fake shiny" lol what is a fake shiny. My first egg shiny was a Sentret after a whooping 100 plus eggs.

My first shiny pokemon ever was in emerald when i caught a shiny trapinch... I was soooooooo happy since Flygon was my favorite gen 3 pokemon... Everytime i play threw gen three games and even omega ruby or alpha sapphire i always have to atch a trapinch to have on my team.... This is a little off topic but i really hope that flygon gets a mega evolution in pokemon sun and moon... Please Arceus... Please!

my first shiny was in pokemon x while chain fishing looking for a shiny chinchou...... i got 2 shiny remorades in a row :(

The first random shiny encounter I've ever had was a Bellsprout in X. It was in a Horde with a bunch of normal colored Bellsprout. I accidentally KOed though. Which is fine because I don't care much for Bellsprout anyway, shiny or otherwise.

The first random shiny encounter I've ever had was a Bellsprout in X. It was in a Horde with a bunch of normal colored Bellsprout. I accidentally KOed though. Which is fine because I don't care much for Bellsprout anyway, shiny or otherwise.
Noes ;-;

I've never been so lucky though. No random shiny encounters ;-;

#RedGyaradosHGSSFTW

First ever shiny was in sapphire and was a medicham which i made sure to catch cause it was blue not red which is awesome cause i like the blue way better.

Mine was in Pokemon Omega Ruby, I was training my Acarnine and I was attacked by a shiny Aipom! I caught him full health in the 3rd pokeball

i would have to say shiny barboach in victory road when i did it i felt like nothimg when it happened

I caught a red raticate in fire red I used that raticate all the way through the elite four sadly my games were stolen though so I lost it. My second wasn't until heartgold I caught it and my save file decided to corrupt the next day.

When I replayed Emerald in anticipation for ORAS launch, I didn't expected that I get to encounter a shiny Wurmple in the early routes back then, and I caught it. It has evolved into a pretty good Dustox nowadays.

I don't exactly remember much about that time but the one I do remember was back when I had heartgold, I was choosing my starter (which was chikorita) when then I saw it was a shiny and when I went to nickname it was a female making me happy about it since I got to playing.

maybe it was my first ever shiny maybe not, but it was the only shiny I remembered much about so I can say it was my very first shiny since I play pokemon

Encounter: I have a whole story already scripted for this post, so sit down and grab some popcorn. It was about 5-7 years ago when I was replaying, it was either Crystal of Silver and I had just started out in the game. And I know it's hard to see shinies in 2nd gen, but I swear it was, it had the sparkles. It was a Metapod. The first legit shiny I'd seen on my own game in 10 years of playing Pokemon games.(gets quiet)But, since it was early on, I had no Pokeballs. T_T *sad music plays*
Caught: I was traveling through Victory Road, the cave, for the 1st time in Pokemon Y and I encountered a horde of Graveler. In this hoard, was one golden Golem. One. So I had to carefully separate the Gravelers so that just the shiny one remained, then ever so carefully whittle down it's health so I could capture it. I did, and it is now a Golem sitting in my Shiny Box in my Alpha Sapphire version. I've also caught a shiny Feebas, and hatched a shiny Sandile since then. And I did complete the 'Dex in AS, so a lotta hatching happened. Y_Y only 1 shiny.

Reactions: Robbie
My 1st shiny was a Hoothoot in Heart Gold. I evolved it into a Noctowl and it's gonna be transferred to my Sun copy!

Encounter: I have a whole story already scripted for this post, so sit down and grab some popcorn. It was about 5-7 years ago when I was replaying, it was either Crystal of Silver and I had just started out in the game. And I know it's hard to see shinies in 2nd gen, but I swear it was, it had the sparkles. It was a Metapod. The first legit shiny I'd seen on my own game in 10 years of playing Pokemon games.(gets quiet)But, since it was early on, I had no Pokeballs. T_T *sad music plays*
Caught: I was traveling through Victory Road, the cave, for the 1st time in Pokemon Y and I encountered a horde of Graveler. In this hoard, was one golden Golem. One. So I had to carefully separate the Gravelers so that just the shiny one remained, then ever so carefully whittle down it's health so I could capture it. I did, and it is now a Golem sitting in my Shiny Box in my Alpha Sapphire version. I've also caught a shiny Feebas, and hatched a shiny Sandile since then. And I did complete the 'Dex in AS, so a lotta hatching happened. Y_Y only 1 shiny.
those are some really good stories you just said here and like me shinies are good, I just don't get much luck in having one but i'm sure that this time when the sun and moon are released I will do my best that as I play I get a shiny in there and post about it here and only here since it would be my first shiny in that game to say the least really

Reactions: sashade7
My first shiny was a shiny psyduck in Pokemon Sun. After completing the main story, I decided I wanted to give shiny hunting a go. So, I began to shiny hunt psyducks using the adrenaline orb method. After a good hour or two of shiny (bear in mind, I didn’t have the shiny charm at this point) I found my blue psyduck. I was ecstatic, so I took a few pictures on my phone of it... and tragedy struck. In order to take clear pictures, I had to line up my phone camera so the bottom of the phone was touching the bottom screen. And I hit the run button.

I absolutely hated myself for doing that. But, I wasn’t willing to give in on catching my first shiny. So, I went back to the game, and I restarted my shiny hunt. Hours passed. And there was no shiny. I spent twice as long looking, and at one point I had to stop to sleep and go to school. And then...1 hour after I’d Restarted my hunt again after returning from school... I found a second shiny psyduck. I caught it, and nicknamed it Memory, as a reminder to never forget my first shiny, whom I stupidly ran away from...

Last edited:
Back