• Thread starter Jisenku
  • Start date
J

Jisenku

I have an obsession with Tesla >.<
Towns Folk
Contributers:
@Someone...

The ideal control setup is GameCube controller/classic/pro with right stick set to attack; other buttons idc. Tap jump doesn't matter
Hey! I decided to bump this and get more people to contribute to this. Anyone want to take a shot at it, just post something in the comments! I also did updates to the layouts!
False short-hopping and unpredictability can make your opponent crack and do something dumb, punish them for it.
Don't throw out laggy attacks; those are for hard reads
Don't spam finishers for damage; those are laggy
Stall-then-fall moves are not to be used offstage
Projectile-heavy characters don't have the best neutral
Perfect shielding is key
Don't spam;it's very annoying and nobody likes spammers
Learn when and how to sidestep and airdodge
Reads are key;get to know your opponent and their habits
Learn what momentum is and how it applies to you; some players lose because momentum kills their recovery
Some moves halt momentum

Contributors:
@Chi
@kr3rdparty
@ForsakenDreams~
@eonia
@Someone...

Catching Items: You can catch items thrown at you by pressing N-Ground
(Your Normal Attack on the ground) at the time when it is close reach of hitbox!

Lucario's Aura: Lucario's strength & knockback will increase when his percent is 1% or above. So basically if you were to be damaged, you would gain power from it, kinda like rage, which is the same concept.

Hitstun Shuffling (D.I): Input a direction while taking knockback, and you will shift slightly in that direction!

0-80% Ganon Combo: 1 timer needed, simply use Ganon's Side-B (Side Special) or Warlock Chock and N-ground (Normal Attack on ground) continuously in a fast pattern, stop when you notice the distinct launching sound whenever an fighter is hit! Ganon's N-Ground paralyses opponents, so by using the timer, it allows the opponent to be "Stunned" (paralyzed) longer.

Classic Mode Hack: If you pause the game while you are spinning for a reward, you can see what you are going to get next, if you like what you see, then hold A and get you prize!

Dream land: Use Kirby's final smash once

Magicant: Unlock Ness.

Pac-Maze: Use Pac Man's final smash once

Mute City: win three matches as Captain Falcon

Wario Ware Inc: Unlock Wario.

Balloon Fight: Play as the villager three times

Flat Zone 2: Unlock Mr. Game and Watch.

Compete in ___ Smash Battles

Ness: 10 Smash battles

Falco: 20 Smash battles

Wario : 30 Smash battles

Lucina: 40 Smash battles

Dark Pit: 50 Smash battles

Dr. Mario : 60 Smash battles

Rob :70 Smash battles

Ganondorf: 80 Smash battles

Mr. Game and Watch: 90 Smash battles

Bowser Jr.: 100 Smash battles

Duck Hunt Dog: 110 Smash battles

Jigglypuff: 120 Smash battles

If you want to cheat the system, just SD yourself against a CPU with only one stock! Then you will rack up battles fast!

*Pressing shield before hitting the stage (or side of the stage resulting from a spike or stage spike) results is no...uh...what's the word I'm looking for... @Slayerpon Tatsu I forget the word. Ground tech?

*Smash DI- If you "smash" (slide your Lstick into a certain position fast enough repeatedly) you can get out of multi-hit moves, some jabs, (Bayonetta combos!! Newbz plz learn dis), and some other character combos. Direction and character varies.

*Jab Lock- Using a certain move that is character specific (mario Nair, Bayo shots from neutral b, Zelda's down air, etc.) On a character that missed a tech on the ground^^ results in a Jab lock. It forces the character to get up, meaning they can't roll or getup attack.

*Perfect Shield- hitting shield on the exact frame before a hitbox lands results in a perfect shield. It lets you take no shield damage or shield knockback and you can act immediately. Great against projectile characters.

*B-reverse- Hitting neutral b and then instantly hit.

if your opponent is dashing too much, your downsmash can help (not effective with all characters, for examplo when you are using samus zero)

if you are using robin/daraen, try to get the books or the sword when you used them too much and you will be able to trowh them to the enemy

there are some easy combos when you use downtrown with some characters
like with mario and his up b for example

try to kill the enemy off stage when you can, is risky, but if you master this, you will kill more easy your enemies

watch your replays to learn about your mistakes

False short-hopping and unpredictability can make your opponent crack and do something dumb, punish them for it.

Perfect shielding is key

Don't spam; it's very annoying and nobody likes spammers

Learn when and how to sidestep and air dodge

Reads are key; get to know your opponent and their habits

Learn what momentum is and how it applies to you; some players lose because momentum kills their recovery

Some moves halt momentum
@Aura_Knight394 Make sure you experiment with all the characters until you find the one (or more) that fits your play style.

Last edited:
Catching Items: You can catch items thrown at you by pressing N-Ground at the time when it is close reach of hitbox!
Lucario's Aura: Lucario's strength & knockback will increase when his percent is 1% or above. So basically if you were to be damaged, you woulg gain power from it, kinda like rage, which is the same consept.
Hitstun Shuffling (D.I): Input a direction while taking knockback, and you will shift slightly in that direction!
0-80% Ganon Combo: 1 timer needed, simply use Ganon's Side-B or Warlock Chock and N-ground continuously in a fast pattern, stop when you notice the distinct launching sound whenever an fighter is hit! Ganon's N-Ground paralyses opponents, so by using the timer, it allows the opponent to be "Stunned" (paralyzed) longer.
Whats an n-ground, do you mean jab?

Hold up... I'll edit... Thanks for pointing it out!

Hold up... I'll edit... Thanks for pointing it out!
May I add to this?
*Pressing shield before hitting the stage (or side of the stage resulting from a spike or stage spike) results is no...uh...what's the word I'm looking for... @Slayerpon Tatsu I forget the word. Ground tech?
*Smash DI- If you "smash" (slide your Lstick into a certain position fast enough repeatedly) you can get out of multi-hit moves, some jabs, (Bayonetta combos!! Newbz plz learn dis), and some other character combos. Direction and character veries.
*Jab Lock- Using a certain move that is character specific (mario Nair, Bayo shots from neutral b, Zelda's down air, etc.) On a character that missed a tech on the ground^^ results in a Jab lock. It forces the character to get up, meaning they can't roll or getup attack.
*Perfect Shield- hitting shield on the exact frame before a hitbox lands results in a perfect shield. It lets you take no shield damage or shield knowkcback and you can act immediately. Great against projectile characters.
*B-reverse- Hitting neutral b and then instantly hitting the opposite direction let's you use the b move...you guessed it...the opposite way. This also changes your momentum.
*UpB\up smash out of Shield- If you shield a move and jump out of shield and instantly upB\upsmash you do that move out of your shield. This is great for when an opponent uses a laggy move on your shield. (Zelda's upb, Zss upb, Peach's upsmash and upb, and Bayo's upB are good ones to use.)

Catching Items: You can catch items thrown at you by pressing N-Ground
(Your Normal Attack on the ground) at the time when it is close reach of hitbox!
Lucario's Aura: Lucario's strength & knockback will increase when his percent is 1% or above. So basically if you were to be damaged, you woulg gain power from it, kinda like rage, which is the same consept.
0-80% Ganon Combo: 1 timer needed, simply use Ganon's Side-B (Side Special) or Warlock Chock and N-ground (Normal Attack on ground) continuously in a fast pattern, stop when you notice the distinct launching sound whenever an fighter is hit! Ganon's N-Ground paralyses opponents, so by using the timer, it allows the opponent to be "Stunned" (paralyzed) longer.
Please give tips that are actually useful in competitive play.

Please give tips that are actually useful in competitive play.
It is good when against Diddy or ROB with banana and gyro. Although the Ganon bit is techable...

if your opponent is dashing too much, your downsmash can help (not effective with all characters, for examplo when you are using samus zero)

if you are using robin/daraen, try to get the books or the sword when you used them too much and you will be able to trowh them to the enemy

try to kill the enemy off stage when you can, is risky, but if you master this, you will kill more easy your enemies

Actually down smash with zss against dash attack is pretty good if you read it.

Reactions: Jisenku
I'll add all with contributers

Hey! I decided to bump this and get more people to contribute to this. Anyone want to take a shot at it, just post something in the comments!

I've got some tips.
Perfect shielding is key
Don't spam;it's very annoying and nobody likes spammers
Learn when and how to sidestep and airdodge
Reads are key;get to know your opponent and their habits
Some moves halt momentum
Ideal control setup is gamecube controller/classic/pro with right stick set to attack; other buttons idc. Tap jump doesn't matter

Make sure you experiment with all the characters until you find the one (or more) that fits your play style.

Back