Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate 3DS Pedia Players

• Thread starter Marc
  • Start date
Oh, ok. I'm HR 75, though I'm still not sure how that works. I was HR 7, beat the Dalamadur Urgent Quest, then got HR 75. O_O (that's the thing that brought me to the Pedia, actually)
It's called HR break, basically every quest gives you points towards raising that rank, but until you reach a certain point (eg: HR7 or 8 depending on the game) it's fixed and as soon as you clear the last urgent (in MH4U it's Dalamadur), it adjusts to what the accumulated points so far equal to. Think of it as leveling up. It caps at 999 and until about HR 90 you keep unlocking various quests of increased difficulty (eg: dual Deviljho where you can't wear armor or Fatalis). Past that it's just a representation of how much you have played and that's just it!:p

Oh, really? When I go online to join a GH I usually avoid joing a hall w/more that 1 HR 100+ hunter cause I thought they were uber in power, like up in the 10,000s, and wouldn't want to put up w/a lil noobish player like me. :hilarious:

Oh, really? When I go online to join a GH I usually avoid joing a hall w/more that 1 HR 100+ hunter cause I thought they were uber in power, like up in the 10,000s, and wouldn't want to put up w/a lil noobish player like me. :hilarious:
It simply means they have hunted a lot!:p The best thing about Monster Hunter is that no matter how much you play, there is a limit to how strong your equipment can be without cheating, which is one of my favorite parts of it!:D

Progress update:
I'm currently midway through HR7 on MH Gen and have finished everything in the village except for the 3 quests that unlock after the HR break.

Huh. Well ok then. I honestly thought it might be a hacker who joined me in my GH I created to beat Dalamadur, because they solo'd it. Of course I got in a few hits, but, whew. Then they exited the game right after it died, and when I got back, talked to the old man in the GH, my HR kept going up, 20, 30, 40, and so 'till 74. I was so confused. My friend, the one who got me into MH4U is only 6 HR and is busy w/a new job and life stuff, he didn't know what was going on. @_@

Anyway, I'm in the 10 star caravan quests and just beat the Akantor the other day. I was so happy that I was able to beat that big sucker all on my own, and, after trying a few times(and failing..) I beat it w/o dying once! :hilarious: Make sure you have the Def.Loc skill on ur armor(I had to gem it in) or bring your Adamant Seeds when you face it. I forget what the other one was, because when I beat it, it's quest went away, and now I just have the Rajang to go before I can unlock the Caravaneers final quest to unlock the Rainbow Pigment option for your armor. :D

Could I get added?
But my gear is trash

Reactions: Marc
Could I get added?
But my gear is trash

By who? I don't mind. The more the merrier. ^_^

By who? I don't mind. The more the merrier. ^_^
He means get added on the list on the main post in the first page so people know he plays and so that they can add him!:p

Oh, I forgot which thread I was on, opps. :D Bahaha!

Anybody wanna farm Dah'ren Moh'ran for HR and his armor?

Anybody wanna farm Dah'ren Moh'ran for HR and his armor?
Not high rank one, but if you want to farm that G rank event one, then I could join for a couple runs! Grand Gloaming set looks pretty decent and anything decent or above I want!:p

Not high rank one, but if you want to farm that G rank event one, then I could join for a couple runs! Grand Gloaming set looks pretty decent and anything decent or above I want!:p
Um, well, it is the event low rank one ._.

Um, well, it is the event low rank one ._.
Why do you want to farm something so annoying and time consuming for low rank armor? Did you mean farm Armor Stones perhaps? I could use some too!

Why do you want to farm something so annoying and time consuming for low rank armor? Did you mean farm Armor Stones perhaps? I could use some too!
I haven't unlocked high rank quests yet... I am HR3. I suck at this game... When I reach HR4 I will farm other dlc

I haven't unlocked high rank quests yet... I am HR3. I suck at this game... When I reach HR4 I will farm other dlc
Low Rank Dah'ren Mohran gives armor stones and is the only place to get them basically, so I'm saying I can help you do a run or two since I want some too!:p You don't need to farm everything though, for low rank just a mix of Gore Magala, Damyo Hermitaur and Tetsucabra can get you a LONG way just fine, I made it at the end of low rank just before the village Shagaru Magala (was too lazy to farm so I was using the starting armor up until then) and it got me up to G rank just fine!

@sashade7, want to join too? You could use some armor stones yourself!

Low Rank Dah'ren Mohran...

@sashade7, want to join too? You could use some armor stones yourself!

Sure, if you haven't already done it. Idk if the time under ur sig is my time or pedia time, but nevertheless.

Sure, if you haven't already done it. Idk if the time under ur sig is my time or pedia time, but nevertheless.
The post time (both on threads and sb) is your local time and the time on the main page is the pedia time.:p

@Blacklist, whenever you want to hunt, just find me on the sb if I'm on or find sasha and she'll let me know.

PS: Let's avoid making any more messages on here since it's not the place to plan things, at least someone make a PM or something...

Reactions: Blacklist and sashade7
Add me as well, I got 4 Ultimaye yesterday, I still have basic early monster armor, but add me anyway.

Lol, I just played it again yesterday. Good I only did HR6 quests because I was trying to do Bushido escapes all the time, and it never worked for obvious reasons :p

Lol, I just played it again yesterday. Good I only did HR6 quests because I was trying to do Bushido escapes all the time, and it never worked for obvious reasons :p
Bushido escapes?:/ Isn't that adept dodge from MH Gen or something? If it's MH4U, wanna hunt? We never actually ever hunted you know even though we talked a couple of times about doing it but then you gave it up and all, now I just play with Sasha since Mystic isn't that active and it's lonely...

Last edited:
Bushido escapes?:/ Isn't that adept dodge from MH Gen or something?
Yeah, I don't know how it's called :p
I spent more time choosing my style in the translated japanese version than in the english one :p

If it's MH4U, wanna hunt? We never actually ever hunted you know even though we talked a couple of times about doing it but then you gave it up and all, now I just play with Sasha since Mystic isn't that active and it's lonely...
Well I'd love to be able to play online, MH4U or something else, with you or someone else, but I don't often have WiFi here. I mean, I had it once yesterday for 20 minutes, and it was the first time since August -.-

Back