HYPED FOR NEW NES

• Thread starter freezebot
  • Start date
freezebot

freezebot

PineappleDoggo <3
Towns Folk
SO if you have heard about nintendo news you would know that nintendo is making a new nes but there new nes has a couple of changes. first of all its smaller so it will take up less space and second of all there is only a place for hdmi and something to put your controller in and the game are already in the system and you old nes games wont work for it. so are you hyped for the nes

I'm hyped for the controller, since it'll work as a Wii classic controller.

Well, I'm amused by the concept. Not particularly interested in acquiring one myself, but hey, if it works and sells a bit well, no harm.

I wonder, if this works, would they make a mini-SNES or maybe even a Mini-N64? :0

I couldn't care less. I already have a Raspberry Pi with Retropie on it and it, it supports almost any USB controller instead of just proprietary ones, it supports all NES games instead of just 30, and actually even more (I can play SNES games too on it for example), and it cost me only 40€.
And I even have a NES-like case for it...
6947_1474267846_57df8ac6f1e63.jpg

Reactions: Mizunil
I care only because it would actually support Nintendo and whichever Dev still has ties with them and royalties over the games bundled with the console.

Other than that, I think I'd be more interested in a mini SNES than a mini NES.

I care only because it would actually support Nintendo and whichever Dev still has ties with them and royalties over the games bundled with the console.

Other than that, I think I'd be more interested in a mini SNES than a mini NES.
Then the Supaboy portable SNES may most interest you.
18c6818bee03c3bfe716e98c713237be.jpg

...Assuming you already have a good collection of SNES games, this'll be a blast to own I think. (Why isn't anyone talking about THIS?)

Reactions: freezebot
Personally I'm not interested at all. I have my own real NES, and I'm not interested in a rip-off version that can only play preloaded games. I'm sure hackers will find some way to add more games to it though, but still it just doesn't peak my interest at all.

yeah it's for people who broke there old console and want a new one with not many options

Well, this new one is gonna cost 60$ I think. I got mine on ebay, for that much, with all the cords controllers and a game.

I'll get it, but not for me. More for my father, who had an NES as a teenager. I'd be more interested if it was a mini SNES and it came with Link to the Past, Super Metroid, Contra 3, all 3 Mega Man X games, Final Fight, Street Fighter 2 Turbo, and Mortal Kombat 2.

Could someone post a link to the news Nintendo made about this? I want to see the link plus I never heard anyone else mention it... well maybe I have been not paying any attention to Nintendo Direct, ha ha! But seriously, if anyone has the link I would appreciate if someone could send it on here, Bye & Have a great day everyone ;)

I like the idea, especially since it's quite cheap but I'm not particularly hyped. If i want to play NES games I'll get an actual NES.

Meh no hype for me. Why not look for the actual console at a flea market from a person who is not a "dealer"? Or better yet make your own.
nt2_02.jpg

Meh no hype for me. Why not look for the actual console at a flea market from a person who is not a "dealer"? Or better yet make your own.
nt2_02.jpg
Is that...a toaster?

i feel like it is

Reactions: PersonSP
Is that...a toaster?
Yes. (not mine just found it on the interwebs)

Yes. (not mine just found it on the interwebs)
Okay. Sure, toasty games are better than functional ones I suppose. :p

Reactions: TribstyAnn and Artisan
I'm not really hyped. I'm just disapointed that it's just the games wii shop that they sold since 2008 but bundled up as a plug n play. I'm getting tired of Nintedo just recycling the old games from 30. I don't mind them selling old stuff but, I want them to add something that is retro but has never been on the Nintendo eshops before. For example, why can't they translate old games that were only released in Japan to sell them in the U.S. I seen tons of Nintendo games that were translated by fans so what is stopping Nintendo from doing so.

...I want them to add something that is retro but has never been on the Nintendo eshops before. For example, why can't they translate old games that were only released in Japan to s2ell them in the U.S. I seen tons of Nintendo games that were translated by fans so what is stopping Nintendo from doing so.

I love this idea. They have done the 'recycling of old US released games' so many times, a bunch of old Nintendo games on the eShop for download, there's an Atari Remix game on the PS2. But they're all games we've seen before, many times. Although I am excited. And I'm glad they weren't released on the Virtual Console or the handheld games. It'll make it kinda feel like the early days of Nintendo, having to plug a game system into the tv. I like it.

Back