Bean there done that... What else to eat for muscle?

• Thread starter Kakea
  • Start date
Kakea

Kakea

Survivor
Towns Folk
My mother said, she might get me to eat beans for a month, to make me bigger.
I could eat meat, but I can't stand the "Strong" taste/flavor anymore.
What else could I eat for muscle? Or just fat?

Eat the proteiniest food you could ever find: beef.
And lots of fruit because a) they have antioxidants which is a good idea to have lots of when eating meat and b) fruit is awesome.

Reactions: Kakea
Get some sort of protein supplement/shake/whatever you wanna call it.

Last edited:
I'll drink shakes and eat fruit: I truly can't stand, the taste of any meat...

I'll drink shakes and eat fruit: I truly can't stand, the taste of any meat...
Protein supplements are just that: supplements. They aren't meant to be your only source of protein and its a good idea to find some sort of food with protein in it that you like.
Also, I'm assuming you're working out to build muscle, too.

Be careful with supplements. Having too much of something is bad for your health.

Reactions: Kakea and Iridium Winter
Get advice from a dietist. If you feel you're out of shape it might have all sort of reasons. You might for instance have too little of certain bacteria in your bowls. In that case eating a lot beans/meat might just make matters worse.
Eating too much of just about anything (except protein, you'll burn the excess of protein just like carbs) can be dangerous. Get professional advice before doing anything rigorous.
Whatever your diet, make sure you get your vitamins! Also, if you want to get more muscular: Start working out. ;)

Dietary Balance. I can't teach it, no internet ad can help it, (juice cleanses are the biggest joke of 2015 lemme tell ya.) only a doctor can explain it - or a degree and meaningful research in that medical field if you wanna be a doctor.

I ain't Hulk-Hogan, but I think my "wee bit of everything in moderation" diet's got me in the best shape I've ever been. (Results vary, please do not attempt.)

Get advice from a dietist. If you feel you're out of shape it might have all sort of reasons. You might for instance have too little of certain bacteria in your bowls. In that case eating a lot beans/meat might just make matters worse.
Eating too much of just about anything (except protein, you'll burn the excess of protein just like carbs) can be dangerous. Get professional advice before doing anything rigorous.
Whatever your diet, make sure you get your vitamins! Also, if you want to get more muscular: Start working out. ;)
Eating too many carbs or proteins causes a person to gain fat. That's why they say to eget fewer carbs on days you don't work out.

Eating too many carbs or proteins causes a person to gain fat. That's why they say to eget fewer carbs on days you don't work out.
Correct, but all I meant is that you make a lot less fat for protein than from carbs, you don't 'burn' it as efficient. And proteins don't do any real damage (other than the excess being processed as fuel) while an excess of sugars can seriously harm you.

Correct, but all I meant is that you make a lot less fat for protein than from carbs, you don't 'burn' it as efficient. And proteins don't do any real damage (other than the excess being processed as fuel) while an excess of sugars can seriously harm you.
Excess protein can also cause kidney damage and make stones form.

Excess protein can also cause kidney damage and make stones form.

So in short: don't overdo anything :p

Reactions: Kakea, PersonSP and Iridium Winter
So in short: don't overdo anything :p
Even too much oxygen or water is bad for you :p

Reactions: Kakea and 18
The last comment scared me some, but I'll be careful.
I might need more fat first though... My pull UPS make me really tired.

Back