PC You will be able to play PS3 games on PC

• Thread starter Marc
  • Start date
Marc

Marc

"Marc's the sugar daddy of gaming" - Artisan 2020
Forum Management
Sony revealed that they're going to launch their PlayStation Now service on PC which will bring hundreds of PS3 games to PC. For PlayStation console owners, the subscription based service cost $20, however, we're unsure of a certain price for PC gamers.

To take advantage of the service, your computer must meet these specs :
  • Windows 7 (SP1), 8.1 or 10
  • 3.5GHz Intel Core i3/3.8GHz AMD A10 or faster
  • 300MB or more of storage
  • 2GB or more of RAM
  • 5Mbps Internet
  • USB and sound ports
In addition to the above, you'll also need a DualShock 4 controller. Sony also plans to release a $25 wireless adapter to go with the controller if you can't connect it to your PC via USB cable or bluetooth.

What are your thoughts about this? :D I'm hoping we'll be able to play Persona with it.

Reactions: 18 and 2205
Ooorr I'll wait a few years more, and hopefully I'll see some PS3 Exclusives come to steam. (I haven't the money for a PS3 or the internet for a service for PS3 games. :()

Sony revealed that they're going to launch their PlayStation Now service on PC which will bring hundreds of PS3 games to PC. For PlayStation console owners, the subscription based service cost $20, however, we're unsure of a certain price for PC gamers.

To take advantage of the service, your computer must meet these specs :
  • Windows 7 (SP1), 8.1 or 10
  • 3.5GHz Intel Core i3/3.8GHz AMD A10 or faster
  • 300MB or more of storage
  • 2GB or more of RAM
  • 5Mbps Internet
  • USB and sound ports
In addition to the above, you'll also need a DualShock 4 controller. Sony also plans to release a $25 wireless adapter to go with the controller if you can't connect it to your PC via USB cable or bluetooth.

What are your thoughts about this? :D I'm hoping we'll be able to play Persona with it.
Ehh, looks like I'll have to wait for my new computer then (ugh, if it's streamed, why no server-side computation (especially since Sony used to use clusters of PS3 as servers for some games)? CPUs are so expensive).

But I like the idea; I was planning on getting a DualShock 4 with it to play games on my PC, so I suppose it'll allow me to play those PS3 exclusives I wanted to try (but couldn't since I was told that Xbox 360 was good by that time).

my pc is only a 3 ghz. so i wont be able to do that. but i do have a ps3 with a ton of games already, so really no need for me to play them on my pc

So onr of these console makers decided to make an emulator. Better be good.

Ooorr I'll wait a few years more, and hopefully I'll see some PS3 Exclusives come to steam. (I haven't the money for a PS3 or the internet for a service for PS3 games. :()

That is what Sony is avoiding lol

I'd buy it and a controller for a year if I could play Persona 5 on it. Just waiting for the day.

Back