Moon/Sun Sun/Moon just got hyped - Which starter will you pick?

• Thread starter Toxiccow
  • Start date

Which starter is your pick

• Rowlet

Votes: 26 37.7%
  • Litten

Votes: 31 44.9%
  • Popplio

Votes: 12 17.4%

• Total voters
I'll have to wait until the final evolutions are revealed to make my final decision, but as of right now I think I'll stick with Litten.
One reason is just because of the aesthetics. I just think Litten looks cooler. Although I do sort of like Poppilo's goofy look, and Rowlet reminds me of Brewster from Animal Crossing. Although this might change when the evolutions are revealed.
Another reason is because I usually go with the fire type in Pokemon games. Fire types are the hardest out of the three types to obtain in my opinion. You can find grass types in the grass, and water types in the water and wet areas, but you usually have to go to special areas to find Fire types. As of right now, Litten is my choice, but we'll have to see what the future holds!

Definitely going with Rowlet, because come on now, it's a fancy adorable coconut owl. Did I mention that it's super adorable?! Why WOULDN'T you pick it? It also has the new ability move thingy (I forget whether Leafage is an ability or move). I almost always pick the grass-type starters anyway. There's been a few times where I've picked water, and only one time I've picked fire. I wanna see the final evolutions though. I might just pick one of the other two if Rowlet's evolution sucks, but come on now, grass types pretty much always have the best final evolution. Water types get cool final evolutions too, but it's mostly the grass types that get great designs in my opinion. Though, I do hope that Litten won't get a sucky evolution where it stands on two legs. I'm probably gonna stay with Rowlet, but I hate seeing the two-legged fire type final evolutions. For example, Emboar, Delfox, etc. etc. I don't really get why people hate Popplio, though. Sure, it has a rather lazy design and color scheme, but it seems to have a somewhat... cool personality (pun most definitely intended), from what we've seen from the trailer. But yeah, those are just my thoughts on the whole thing! :p

I will likely choose litten. I love fire type starters, and also, litten is sooo cute <3
my favorite fire starter is typhlosion. I mean, who doesn't like a vicious looking fire -mongoos?- Im really looking foward to sun and moon to continue my journey as a pokemon trainer.

and, wont litten be fire and poison type? not really sure, just heard it from somewhere

I will choose Rowlet, he looks the most normal. I also kind of like Poppilio, but I don't like Litten.

Team Litten!!!!!

if you haven't seen the reveal yet, ->
The starter is odd looking, yet amazing. They're all cute. So is the legendaries. After seeing that, which version will you pick after looking at the legend and what starter is your first choice, #teamrowlet (grass type), #teamlitten (fire type), or #teampopplio (water type) I personally chose Pokemon moon and the starter litten. Hype train o/

It wil be released on 18/11/16 or 18th of November 2016
The region looks like it's based in Hawaii
Tell me what do you want to see like extra content, character customization, or other mechanics

Disclaimer .....
Pokemon is a media franchise published and owned by Japanese video game company Nintendo and created by Satoshi Tajiri in 1996, focused on the titular creatures
YT: http://www.youtube.com/Pokemon
I'm using the content to express my feelings and give opinions about it. >_>

<3 a cow

Aww theyre all adorable! This wont be an easy choice for me, lol. Most likely though i will choose either litten or poplio, theyve got my eyes the most. I like cats quite a bit so that would be my reason for choosing litten. And popplio is also very cute. However if i did choose rowlet my reason would be wanting to see its evolution chain, i am quite curious about that one personally. I will have to think this through. As the saying goes, look before you leap (not literally here, of course).

I can't decide between Litten and Popplio..

Listen is a kitten.. Aw..

Popplio is the big, sad eyed cutie... Who everybody hates...

I do know that I'm going to be team Sun because Solgaleo is the only huggable one.. (.3.)

Reactions: Kadaj
im thinking between poppilo and litten

I hope that Rowlet becomes a grass assassin or a ranger of some sort, I've always been fond of those Pokemon with a really cool concept. image.jpeg

I hope that Rowlet becomes a grass assassin or a ranger of some sort, I've always been fond of those Pokemon with a really cool concept. View attachment 14955
Deeeeng, who made that?!

Reactions: ParanoidLatias
It's said to have been a leak from Nintendo themselves, but I personally don't believe it.

fire is my most prefered type but i will go for the pokemon with better stats

It's said to have been a leak from Nintendo themselves, but I personally don't believe it.

XD

It looks sick though.

Reactions: ParanoidLatias
If the rowlett leak is real then I'm all over that though if not I might go with litten even so I might still go with rowlett because I've alway had a bit of an affinity for grass pokemon.

If the rowlett leak is real then I'm all over that though if not I might go with litten even so I might still go with rowlett because I've alway had a bit of an affinity for grass pokemon.
The others have been leaked as well.

I will choose Litten in Sun and Moon because I think fire type starters are the strongest and I usually choose them but I have got other starters as well from trades. Maybe at a certain level he will learn a very powerfull new fire type move. I think there will be 2 final evolution for starters one that will be for the day and one for night like the evolution of Rockruff. Well I will also get other starters from trade.

Rowlet because I like the eviloution. A sterotype of a teen with long hair and attitude.its funny in a wierd way

There was once a series with a well-structured formula and, most importantly, a consistent lore where you could connect all the dots and get a larger picture from it.

For better or worse, the rigid structure of gyms, evil team and Elite Four succeeded by a Champion was what made Pokémon, "Pokémon". Like many games of its kind, when you got a Pokémon game, you knew what you were getting into. Furthermore, every addition to the lore was an addition rather than a replacement. Many things were only loosely connected, but you could get something that mostly made sense and, as new additions were incorporated to the lore, they did not exclude what was old and already existed. Rather, these retcons weren't so drastic as to completely negate what came before, but gave new meaning to already existing elements.

Fast forward to ORAS.

In ORAS, the character of Zinnia was introduced and with her came the multiple timelines story. That was a game changer because, up until that moment, every addition to the Pokémon timeline was linear. We were supposed to assume that each pair of games took place later than the one before it. The Hoenn remakes broke that logic by establishing that a new timeline was introduced with X and Y and ORAS was a part of that new timeline. The reason for my sig is simple: ORAS' "jump the shark" moment is because the old timeline was made obsolete as it lacked Mega Evolutions and for all we knew the new path was going to feature more and more Megas. It felt like the old games were worthless.

Then Sun/Moon came and what happened was a complete makeover. They discarded the whole structure of a Pokémon game that was familiar to the fans, in favor of so-called "Trials" that are pretty standard practice in other RPGs. Another addition that was brought up in Sun/Moon was the Alolan Forms, which go against what has been set in stone in Pokémon lore, as changes based on adaptation to the environment was the characteristic of one single Pokémon (Eevee), and occasionally others like Wormadam, for whom the explanation was distinct and convincing. On top of that, the Alolan Forms seem to be designed with "superior" types/stats in relation to the metagame and their classic counterparts, which makes their goal obvious - to replace the now obsolete classic forms which barely anybody uses anymore. Finally, the introduction of uncatchable Ultra Beasts breaks the classic logic from Pokémon that each boss is only as good as the Pokémon they can form a team with, and every Pokémon you see in the game is obtainable one way or another.

And, to complete the trainwreck, the announcement that Megas will be banned from the next VGC means that the developers of the games are probably no longer interested in a mechanic that everyone made a huge deal of and which was pivotal to the generation immediately preceding this one. This created an extreme inconsistency and confusion as to whether Megas would be seen again and which will be their place now that they could be phased out and whether the new timeline will see its conclusion. It sounds to me that the Pokémon team does not know in which direction to take the games (the sales of which are in decline) and is creating mechanic after mechanic without any concern for balance and systematics. This could mean that in 8th gen the Z-Crystals are replaced with yet another object and yet another mechanic and disappear without any explanation as to why.

My disillusion with the Pokémon series, therefore, stems from this lack of consistency. We buy Pokémon games because we want to play Pokémon games. If I wanted to play dungeon crawlers with a completely messed up timeline I'd get Zelda instead. It's no secret that Pokémon has been stale for a while, but IMO transforming it and its monsters into something they're not, is not the path to take and does not do any good for the series especially in its 20th anniversary, when the old games should've been paid homage to instead of effectively neglected.

definitely popplio cause it is cute and pretty and it's evolutions are awesome

Reactions: SmashChamp
Back