drawing tips?

• Thread starter oshul
  • Start date
oshul

oshul

The main oshawott
Towns Folk
so im wanting to draw my oc oshul but i'm not good at drawing anyone got any tips?

Reactions: -_Roberto_-
Practice. A thousand hours of practice will help anyone get better at anything. The more time you put in drawing something, the better you become at controlling the pencil/whatever tool you're using, and the more easily you can understand the hidden finesse of drawing anything.

And Oshul? His head is an oval and his body a circle. Think of the simpler shapes the figure has, and draw them. That'd help you get started.

Reactions: 3823
Practice makes perfect :3
If you want to draw, then start with simple things and from there you work to enhance your skills. Practice whenever you get the chance. You can carry a small notebook wherever you go so you can draw, doodle or sketch drawings. And don't be discouraged about your drawings, the more you practice the more you'll improve.

Reactions: Mikaya, MindzEye and 3823
THANK'S :) I've seen that I'm good with drawing what's in front of me and i can do so in decent detail but i do want work on my imaginary side to ill keep practicing

Like the other users said practicing is always the way to go.
If you have trouble drawing things you don't have in front of you, first of all try to use the ones you have as a base/reference; you don't now how to draw a hand? Find a picture which depicts it and copy that. The same with a particular expression or position and so on. Repeat it as much as possible and you'll be able to do that referenceless. :)

Another good way, though it can take a little while, is to first trace a picture (in your case, an oshawott I think) and then put the traced version next to a blank piece of paper and try to draw it again without tracing. This works for me, hopefully it'll work for you too!

Just get a drawing you want off the internet and copy every single line of the drawing.

Just get a drawing you want off the internet and copy every single line of the drawing.
Not only is your advice incredibly lax, it fails to help foster proper drawing growth. Hell it's just art-theft no matter how you look at it.
I am disappointed in your advice.:stop:

thanks for all the advice guys ^.^

Practice, and just let lines flow. I don't think I'll be as much help at this point, everyone else seems to have the advice covered all too well. xD Good luck though, I kept on drawing until I got to where I am, so I know if I can, then you can too! Keep at it.

thanks for all the advice guys ^.^
It's how I learned to draw. Just look at my profile picture. It's Mikhail Kalashnikov with his famous invention, the Kalashnikov, which you all call the AK-47.

Just get super inspired and listen to Christina Aguilera.

It's a powerful thing, I tell you.

Also, use references! They help a lot.

I'm probably too late to post on this, but I have a few things to say.
-Practice, as pretty much everyone else said, practice helps A Lot
-Don't be afraid to change some things up. Try different styles and techniques, and you migth even surprise yourself .
-Take your time while drawing. Your drawing isn't going anywhere, so take your time. Even if it takes days to create 1 image, that's ok.
-This may only apply to digital art, but if you can, flip your image from time to time. Usually if you see a mirrored version of the original image, you'll see notice some things you haven't before.
- And finally, draw when you want to. If you don't feel like drawing then stop and take a break. Again, your art isn't going to get up and leave... hopefully. But seriously, if you only draw when you're at your best, then you will only get your best!
If you see this, then I hope it helps.

Back