Mario Kart 8 Launch Tournament! (eShop Giveaways)

• Thread starter BjFauble
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
BjFauble

BjFauble

Fighting in a Sack
Banned User
My Mario Kart 8 Launch Tournament has officially begun! Hopefully you all had enough time in the past week to hone your driving techniques so that we can all have a good competition.

Before you ask, no. You do not need a Challonge account. Bracket (randomly generated): http://challonge.com/mk83dsplt

Prizes:

First Place: $35.00 in eShop Credit/3,500 Play Coins for European Winners
Second Place: $20.00 in eShop Credit/2,000 Play Coins for European Winners
Third Place: 150 Play Coins

Rules:

- All races are 1 VS 1, e.g. Marc VS Catstew
- Matches are 1 GP (4 races), if racers tie they must do a single race where they both pick random.
- All Items
- Any Glitches are banned.
- No trolling; maliciously going out of your way to harm opponent during a race

Participants:

@Nanamine - NNID Greninja
@Marc - NNID Marc_Uchiha
@Heart - NNID UnstoppableHeart
@Aquas - NNID Archae
@Darksilver4 - NNID Darksilver4
@TAG - NNID TrevG1
@Catstew - NNID Catstew
@Erixsan - NNID Erixsan
@Trinikirby - NNID Pilou44
@Kurisuellegarden - NNID Kurisuellegarden
@Hyperhumanimal - NNID Dany360
@ilpuppet - NNID ilpuppet
@Sylverstone14 - NNID Sylverstone14
@xXAwesomeDudeXx - NNID XAwesomeDudeXx
@AdamK - NNID AdamK94
@Chris - Kane1118

Heart took first place while AdamK took second place. Congratulations and thank you everyone who participated!

Last edited:
Reactions: ErixSan and Marc
LOL NO ITEMS
joining cuz u want me too

Last edited by a moderator:
If there's space, I'll join. Whoever gets me as their opponent will be really lucky since I suck without items, :p

@TAG and @Catstew are getting MK8 too so tagging 'em to see if they'd be interested in participating.

Reactions: BjFauble
I'm not good at Mario Kart, but I'll be getting it. :) And I'm not shure if I will participate.

@TAG and @Catstew are getting MK8 too so tagging 'em to see if they'd be interested in participating.

Thanks. If there aren't enough entrants by release I'll just ask my friends on Skype to join. Only reason I'm not doing that right now is because they're pro and I want everyone to have a fair chance. >.>

Reactions: Marc
If there's space, I'll join. Whoever gets me as their opponent will be really lucky since I suck without items, :p

Sounds good - count me in!

Sure, I'll join in.

I will join, I will most likely not be any good, the last Mario Kart game I played was on the N64.

I will join, I will most likely not be any good, the last Mario Kart game I played was on the N64.

That's the beauty of it - we'll all still likely be getting used to the game so it doesn't really matter how much you played previous installments of the series. :3

No items? This means 1st for me, unless Mike shows up. lol

Sign me up you bum.

No items? This means 1st for me, unless Mike shows up. lol

Sign me up you bum.

I should just invite Ito. That'd be fun.

Oh, obviously I'm participating, so don't be so sure :sneaky:

I just payed off my pre-order for Mario Kart 8, so I will be able to join in. :angelic:

Hi hi, I'm new to this site and I'd like to join. :>

Hi hi, I'm new to this site and I'd like to join. :>

Alrighty! I'm going to trust that you'll be active?

On MK8? Of course. On the site? I don't know yet - but I think that's likely. :>

On MK8? Of course. On the site? I don't know yet - but I think that's likely. :>

Alright, good! Yeah, I meant on the site. Having people that won't be active join the tournament isn't what I want. Welcome to the community by the way!

my NNID is Darksilver4

@Nanamine Would highly appreciate it if you didn't throw your money around trying to recruit people from other Nintendo Fansites.

Good luck with the event, but seriously, what ever happened to being courteous?

@Nanamine Would highly appreciate it if you didn't throw your money around trying to recruit people from other Nintendo Fansites.

Good luck with the event, but seriously, what ever happened to being courteous?

"Throwing my money around"? Really? I'm not going out of my way to do anything of the sort. If I were trying to get people to join I would have posted this tournament in the visit my website section. I just want to have a fun tournament for everyone.

Also, I see no rules about advertising tournaments from outside websites on Friendcodes. If a moderator or admin messages me, I'll take it down. But until that time I'm not going to abide by what you want just because you happen to be on the events team there. If you really want me to remove it, just report me.

Reactions: xXAwesomeDudeXx
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back