Did hacks ruin splatoon?

• Thread starter Eric Cartman
  • Start date
Eric Cartman

Eric Cartman

BEWARE OF ADS
Towns Folk
After a few months after the last splatfest and working on getting the perfect rank I've realized how much the game has gone through, especially with the topic of hacking. Sure hacks have brought some good into the community such as playing as an octoling instead of an inkling, hinting callie and marie amiibos, maps, weapons before they were even announced by Nintendo and experimenting new unreleased ink-colors such as red and white.

Though as hacking in the community has done some good, hacking has done some trouble such as increasing sea snails, having a mind blowing amount of the same ability on a certain clothing, increasing level, increasing rank, enhancing weapons by hacking. This has caused some conflict, especially with the ability to changes the abilities on you're inkling avatar. That only thing I don't like about people hacking splatoon is the people hacking their rank to +S 99 because when most people just hack their ranks it just makes the people who work hard for their rank seem to be fake.
EQvZbAJ.gif

Just why?........
maxresdefault.jpg

Ok all of us have some lucking gear such as an all 3 damage up shirt or an amiibo gear with 2 of the side abilities the same as the main abilities making that type of the ability on you're inkling more powerful, but this.... no one can be this lucky to get all 3 of the same abilities AS your main ability on a non cuttlefish or amiibo gear. And as you can see all the clothing in her inventory is new which means all of that was supposedly "bought with all of those abilities in tact by spyke" Something smells fishy....

I hope that with splatoon 2 if we can transfer our inklings to a new game thell ban hacked ones

Personally , i don't think hacking has been a problem for Splatoon , mostly because the creators of this stuff keep it private and other public hacks were easily detected and people using it were banhammered. The real hacking problem is MK8 and MK7 since Nintendo never checks MK8 reports of hacking and just ignores it.

Hacks don't ruin games. People do.

Blame hackers who hack online to cheat, hacking itself is an inoffensive practice (regardless of what overzealous game developers will tell you, they're just dumb lol). It's people who ruin others' fun.

Reactions: Hayleia and Eric Cartman
Many, many of these Splathax don't work online, they'll just get you banned. See NWPlayer

Many, many of these Splathax don't work online, they'll just get you banned. See NWPlayer
NWPlayer got banned by just playing as an octoling tho and she leaked some stages but that was after she was banned.

Ok, so I don't own Splatoon myself, but I do know a lot about it and have played it online quite a bit of times, so I know what you all are talking about. So my opinion is that hacks online for anything competitive is unfair and really ruins the experience! However if you hack offline that is a bit different, but I think this thread is focused on the online side of Splatoon hacking, in which case it is very unfair. So my answer in short is no, it does not ruin everything because not everyone hacks (from my experience) but the people who do are ruining the fun.

Reactions: Eric Cartman
Gear hacking is way too common and does give players an unfair advantage (getting OHKO'd from a distance by a rapid blaster with damage up pures and swim speed up, so they travel fast is kind of annoying). I don't support hacking myself, as I think it's kinda cheating. Some players even hack to S+99, but that's kinda pointless because they won't be able to match the skill level of other S+ players, therefore they're unable to make any progress.

To the point though, I think hacks did ruin Splatoon. Nintendo should've been a little more strict regarding this matter. Just play like a regular squid, is that so hard? xD

I really don't like hackers but luckily I haven't noticed many when I have been playing guess I'm just lucky. I wouldn't say they ruin it unless you have to battle against them. It would only be ruined if they mess up your game.

I've never really seen a lot of hacking occurring in the Splatoon community, except for a few isolated instances for me where the culprit could have actually been lag or accidental clipping. I definitely don't see hacking ruining the competitive scene, which remains pretty strong to this day.

Back