Username change history, levels, emblems, and much more

• Thread starter Marc
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm guessing the questions won't be answered until it's finished

That's a very nice update you had in store Marc! :)
Just one question though.About one of the tasks,which is:
  • Beating 3DS / Wii U games and proving that you beat them.
How do I necessarily prove that I did it?Will it be accomplished whenever we want by posting it for example on a blog post,or will we be tasked to do so whenever something like a "Task" thread arrives?

Who can create the emblems for tournaments though?
There will be pre-made emblems available for those who win tournaments. Let's say there is an emblem for winning a member hosted tournament from the Nookling Junction. No matter who (member) hosts the tournament, the winner will get it.
So what's the highest level we can reach?
Undecided atm >.< As of writing this, I don't think anyone can cross level 15 though ;-;
Not bad I guess. Some improvements need to be made but overall, not that bad/
If you have an idea that can improve anything at 3DS Pedia, you can always make a suggestion in the suggestions forum ^-^
So are emblems replacing trophies?
Yeah. Trophies have been deleted.
Also does your level have any effect on the forums or to the user?
I'll reveal more information about that soon.
Just one question though.About one of the tasks,which is:
  • Beating 3DS / Wii U games and proving that you beat them.
How do I necessarily prove that I did it?Will it be accomplished whenever we want by posting it for example on a blog post,or will we be tasked to do so whenever something like a "Task" thread arrives?
I'll explain more about this soon.

Reactions: Slayerpon Tatsu, Robbie, ThatLoyalGamer and 2 others
How do u do the mini glow and embedded background yourself

Oh ok thanks

Alright, I will!

Great improvement! Nice one with the levels, now it feels more rewarding than just having a few of boring useless trophy points! I'm looking forward to seeing how to post completed games though, I got tons!:D

Reactions: Mikaya
Level system sounds nice! :D
I was so close in surpassing you! :eek::dead:

Guess badges are still being added? Cauz some peeps have badges that I have already fulfilled requirements for. :hungry:

Okay, so this is I why I got 35 Alerts. XD I was pretty confused. So what do levels do, if anything? Are they just there to be pretty?

Is there a list of emblems somewhere? (I might maybe use that as a to-do list. :p)

Last edited:
Cauz some peeps have badges that I have already fulfilled requirements for. :hungry:
Yeah. I'm adding new emblems.
So what do levels do, if anything? Are they just there to be pretty?
I'll explain more about that soon =P
Is there a list of emblems somewhere? (I might maybe use that as a to-do list. :p)
Here you go - http://forum.3dspedia.com/emblems/

It isn't the final list tho >.<

Some emblems will be hidden too and only show up if you unlock them.

Yeah. I'm adding new emblems.

I'll explain more about that soon =P

Here you go - http://forum.3dspedia.com/emblems/

It isn't the final list tho >.<

Some emblems will be hidden too and only show up if you unlock them.
yay! Thanks! Why are some coloured and some not? At first I thought the coloured ones were the ones that I got but there are a few of those I haven't unlocked yet. (Or at least, I did unlock them, months ago :p but I just haven't got them yet)

Edit: Yes, I am asking many, many question: Could you please add how to get the emblem for each emblem? The all have great descriptions but only some of them state how to get them.

yay! Thanks! Why are some coloured and some not? At first I thought the coloured ones were the ones that I got but there are a few of those I haven't unlocked yet. (Or at least, I did unlock them, months ago :p but I just haven't got them yet)
The colored ones are what you should have. Yeah. The system was implemented when you were already a member with requirements you've already passed so they auto-unlocked as soon as the emblem was added after the cron was fired to update them (it runs every XX minutes so if you pass requirements, you should get the emblem soon unless you don't come online).

The colored ones are what you should have. Yeah. The system was implemented when you were already a member with requirements you've already passed so they auto-unlocked as soon as the emblem was added after the cron was fired to update them (it runs every XX minutes so if you pass requirements, you should get the emblem soon unless you don't come online).
In that case, I think something went wrong-ish. I should have the Mario/Pokémon/Fire Emblem emblem (lol), they are coloured as well but they're not added when I click on Emblems in my profile. :-\

In that case, I think something went wrong-ish. I should have the Mario/Pokémon/Fire Emblem emblem (lol), they are coloured as well but they're not added when I click on Emblems in my profile. :-\
I'm seeing the Pokemon and Fire Emblem emblems on your profile >.< (awarded yesterday).

I'm seeing the Pokemon and Fire Emblem emblems on your profile >.< (awarded yesterday).
?? I refreshed the page (for the second time this hour, it's not like didn't look since yesterday) and now they have appeared. Well, whatever the reason; yay! :D I really like this emblem idea. (Gotta catch 'em all)

dude, I have to admit I'm really curious about how you make all these cool features for the website... may I at least know what are you using to program it?

Reactions: Slayerpon Tatsu and Mikaya
dude, I have to admit I'm really curious about how you make all these cool features for the website... may I at least know what are you using to program it?
I suspect he's just using features XenForo already offered. ;)

Reactions: J9794 and Mikaya
I purchased a license to use code from a third-party developer to extend the trophy system and I'm modifying it to my liking so that it works for 3DS Pedia. As for the other new features, I made those add-ons myself.

I'm also planning some other features to make fully-blown profile customization \o/

Reactions: 3dsatackman, 18, J9794 and 2 others
I purchased a license to use code from a third-party developer to extend the trophy system and I'm modifying it to my liking so that it works for 3DS Pedia. As for the other new features, I made those add-ons myself.

I'm also planning some other features to make fully-blown profile customization \o/

nice, and you learned it all by yourself? could you recommend some technology or something to read about? web development seems interesting :p

Reactions: Mikaya
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back