August 19th Update - 3DS Pedia Forum is now 2 years old \:D/

• Thread starter Marc
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Happy Birthday 3DSPedia! ^.^ :hug:

I may not be the most active member here but I sure do enjoy the site, it's very welcoming I felt right at home ever since I joined :3 Really excited for all that is to come! Particularly this Splatoon Festival, depending on how soon it is I might not be able to join... but there's always a second chance! :D

It's still the 19th in my timezone and I feel like I should've replied to this >.<

Happy birthday Pedia! You will forever be my second home and escape from life >.<)/

Reactions: Kakea and Mikaya
Happy Birthday,Pedia! \=D/

You're a beautiful place filled with nice friendly people! I've seen many forums and the Admins,mods,staff and the members aren't that friendly or nice,they just bark at you ;-; But in Pedia they're really nice and friendly c: I've never seen a forum like Pedia,it's just so unique.Everyone here is an amazing person! :3

I'll never leave Pedia! ^o^)/

Reactions: Kakea, Mikaya and 3823
Happy Birthday 3DSPedia (for the 2nd second time, and I'm glad to be here this time as well :D, and a big thanks to @Marc for this website ! Two years of fun, and it's not ending soon, and I hope it won't end !

(Also, that have an effect on me to think about all of the things that happened here since when I joined.)

The 3DS Pedia forum is now 2 years old. To celebrate this marvelous event, I've gathered up a list of events that will take place here after August 19th. There are a couple of things that I haven't noted yet, but they're still in planning >.<)/

I also want to thank all members for their contributions for making 3DS Pedia what it is today \o/ You guys/gals rock ^-^

Without further ado...

August 19th Event \ : D /

5 teams, lotsa members. Only one team can remain standing. Will it be yours? '>.<)/

We're now accepting sign-ups for the August 19th reveal-event. All you have to do is post in this thread and you will randomly be assigned to a team. More instructions will be given to you later.

Oh yeah, there will be prizes, :oops:

Event Managers :
Massive Discounts at Pedia Emporium & Free Swaps

For today, all items at the Pedia Emporium are 75% OFF. That's right! Hurry and make your requests as soon as possible. Requests that are posted after August 20th 12 AM EDT will not be eligible for discounts.

In addition, anyone who has ordered one of the following items at the Pedia Emporium are eligible for a free swap :
  • Custom Ribbon Text
  • Icon B4 Username
  • Custom Shoutbox Background (anyone who has contributed PC to the current sb bg / can stack)
  • Post Background Image
Make your request as normal (for the free swap) but include the coupon code: AUGUST19TH

Anime Nights

What do you get when you mix 3DS Pedia with a cinema? =P

Anime Nights will be a new event here at this forum. Members can choose the next anime they wish to watch in a poll vote and the community can watch the anime together at the specified time. A seperate shoutbox will be available for members watching the anime, so you can talk with others while you watch.

More details about this will be revealed soon.

Gaming Tasks @ Nookling Junction

There are many methods to earn Play Coins at 3DS Pedia. You can make quality posts in the forum, you can sell in-game content, you can have wager battles, participate and win tournaments, etc.

Starting today, there will be a new way to earn Play Coins.

I introduce, Gaming Tasks. Every once in a while (probably daily at certain periods or weekly), a member of staff will post up a task for members to do. The first couple of members who complete the task(s) will be rewarded.

An example of a task can be trying to beat a high score of a 3DS/WiiU game's mini-game before the day ends.

Double XP PC Day

Anyone who makes a quality post in the discussion forums today will receive double the amount of Play Coins they would have normally received when posting messages in the forum. Please follow the rules.

Weird Post Reporter

Have you ever came across a post in the forum that's just plain weird? A great discussion could have been taking place and Harry Potter from down the block decides to post a padded message with unnecessary content just to earn another Play Coin. These posts can be annoying when you're trying to talk about something with others.

If you come across members who make weird posts for the sake of earning Play Coins, you can now report them for staff to review and make the final decision on whether their Play Coins privilege should be revoked.

To report a member, go to this page and follow the instructions carefully.

Smash Bros. League

Many of you have been asking about a Smash Bros. League. As I pointed out in this post, it is coming \o/ For now, do your best in the Smash Bros. 3DS/WiiU activities that will be revealed later in the upcoming August 19th event.

Splatoon Festival

In addition to the Smash Bros. League, I've been considering a recurring Splatoon event as well. I'm pretty sure every Splatoon player on this forum who has tried its online play is aware of Splatfest. Such an event has inspired me and soon you will be seeing our own Splatoon-like festival here at 3DS Pedia.
Sounds neat but a little... business-y.
Seriously weird post reporting sounds sketchy but I have no objection to that. \ : D /
Double PC- Oh the nostalgia!
Gaming tasks- You know how to bring the hype train.
Everything else- Good on paper but we'll have to see

Now your making be sound old :eek:ld:

It seems a bit weird saying this here... why has the menu along the top vanished?

I'm late but... HAPPY BIRTHDAY PEDIA!!! \^-^/

I haven't been here long, but 3dsPedia feels to me much like a second family, without it I wouldn't be who I am today... So happy birthday!

Reactions: Kakea and 3823
Seriously weird post reporting sounds sketchy but I have no objection to that. \ : D /
How so?
It seems a bit weird saying this here... why has the menu along the top vanished?
Which menu?

The menu/list where it mentions the alerts and some links like Forum, eShop etc. It's vanished on Internet Explorer. I can't scroll up to it. It's like cut off.

The backtracking one's still there

It's just the way business is. You get all technical in the way things sound and people will start pleading the 5th of course I think you mean it's an alternative to reporting posts so they can be shamed publicly on the wall that no one would want to read anyways. Maybe that's just be being paranoid or worse psycho but I tendt o worry about things that could inversely be related to me. :/
The menu where it mentions the alerts and some links. It's vanished on Internet Explorer. I can't scroll up to it. It's like cut off.
Probably you need to wait for the page to load.

But it is. The alerts list shows up when clicking on the new alert notification but it just won't scroll up to the very top. I blame the browser, it's not like this on my other PC. I'll restart the browser

It finally worked. The browser was messing up.

Last edited:
It's just the way business is. You get all technical in the way things sound and people will start pleading the 5th of course I think you mean it's an alternative to reporting posts so they can be shamed publicly on the wall that no one would want to read anyways. Maybe that's just be being paranoid or worse psycho but I tendt o worry about things that could inversely be related to me. :/
This helps us catch the people who we miss when they try to "game the system" using unfair means while others work hard by making quality "normal" posts to earn their Play Coins. I don't think you have anything to worry about. There have been people who find posts from other forums with similar topics who copy/paste the content and use it as their own for example. Others stretch their posts saying "boooooo yaaahhh I love I love I love this game" and so on too, to make it long.
It finally worked. The browser was messing up.
Awesome!

Reactions: Kakea, 18 and Artisan
This helps us catch the people who we miss when they try to "game the system" using unfair means while others work hard by making quality "normal" posts to earn their Play Coins. I don't think you have anything to worry about. There have been people who find posts from other forums with similar topics who copy/paste the content and use it as their own for example. Others stretch their posts saying "boooooo yaaahhh I love I love I love this game" and so on too, to make it long.

Awesome!
Ah I see. Thanks for clarifying. That's what I may have considered you were talking about.

I
The 3DS Pedia forum is now 2 years old. To celebrate this marvelous event, I've gathered up a list of events that will take place here after August 19th. There are a couple of things that I haven't noted yet, but they're still in planning >.<)/

I also want to thank all members for their contributions for making 3DS Pedia what it is today \o/ You guys/gals rock ^-^

Without further ado...

August 19th Event \ : D /

5 teams, lotsa members. Only one team can remain standing. Will it be yours? '>.<)/

We're now accepting sign-ups for the August 19th reveal-event. All you have to do is post in this thread and you will randomly be assigned to a team. More instructions will be given to you later.

Oh yeah, there will be prizes, :oops:

Event Managers :
Massive Discounts at Pedia Emporium & Free Swaps

For today, all items at the Pedia Emporium are 75% OFF. That's right! Hurry and make your requests as soon as possible. Requests that are posted after August 20th 12 AM EDT will not be eligible for discounts.

In addition, anyone who has ordered one of the following items at the Pedia Emporium are eligible for a free swap :
  • Custom Ribbon Text
  • Icon B4 Username
  • Custom Shoutbox Background (anyone who has contributed PC to the current sb bg / can stack)
  • Post Background Image
Make your request as normal (for the free swap) but include the coupon code: AUGUST19TH

Anime Nights

What do you get when you mix 3DS Pedia with a cinema? =P

Anime Nights will be a new event here at this forum. Members can choose the next anime they wish to watch in a poll vote and the community can watch the anime together at the specified time. A seperate shoutbox will be available for members watching the anime, so you can talk with others while you watch.

More details about this will be revealed soon.

Gaming Tasks @ Nookling Junction

There are many methods to earn Play Coins at 3DS Pedia. You can make quality posts in the forum, you can sell in-game content, you can have wager battles, participate and win tournaments, etc.

Starting today, there will be a new way to earn Play Coins.

I introduce, Gaming Tasks. Every once in a while (probably daily at certain periods or weekly), a member of staff will post up a task for members to do. The first couple of members who complete the task(s) will be rewarded.

An example of a task can be trying to beat a high score of a 3DS/WiiU game's mini-game before the day ends.

Double XP PC Day

Anyone who makes a quality post in the discussion forums today will receive double the amount of Play Coins they would have normally received when posting messages in the forum. Please follow the rules.

Weird Post Reporter

Have you ever came across a post in the forum that's just plain weird? A great discussion could have been taking place and Harry Potter from down the block decides to post a padded message with unnecessary content just to earn another Play Coin. These posts can be annoying when you're trying to talk about something with others.

If you come across members who make weird posts for the sake of earning Play Coins, you can now report them for staff to review and make the final decision on whether their Play Coins privilege should be revoked.

To report a member, go to this page and follow the instructions carefully.

Smash Bros. League

Many of you have been asking about a Smash Bros. League. As I pointed out in this post, it is coming \o/ For now, do your best in the Smash Bros. 3DS/WiiU activities that will be revealed later in the upcoming August 19th event.

Splatoon Festival

In addition to the Smash Bros. League, I've been considering a recurring Splatoon event as well. I'm pretty sure every Splatoon player on this forum who has tried its online play is aware of Splatfest. Such an event has inspired me and soon you will be seeing our own Splatoon-like festival here at 3DS Pedia.
be made a lot of good posts in the forum and have never gotten pc for a single post!!:'(

I

be made a lot of good posts in the forum and have never gotten pc for a single post!!:'(
Almost all of them are in the Nookling Junction. The Nookling Junction doesn't earn PC. \o

Reactions: Rangercraft123 and Kakea
Which places can I get PC,btw I made a realy good post in Zelda forum it was a personality test
Almost all of them are in the Nookling Junction. The Nookling Junction doesn't earn PC. \o

Which places can I get PC,btw I made a realy good post in Zelda forum it was a personality test
Game-related and general discussion sections. Fun and Games and Town Billboard forums don't earn PC.

Reactions: Kakea and Rangercraft123
why are people getting so dramatic over this website? Oh well ive earned about 60$ on this forum by trading etc. So i cant say much

Game-related and general discussion sections. Fun and Games and Town Billboard forums don't earn PC.
ok thnx

That's probably why my recent feedback post didn't get anything

Reactions: Kakea
Happy Birthday pedia!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back